- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1/2 pound each)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the rice, squash, onion and turkey. Add broth; sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until turkey juices run clear. Remove turkey; cut into slices. Stir cranberries into rice mixture; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice Turkey Dinner
"It was pretty bland. I ate it all, but I don't think it was worth it to make it again."
"This recipe was HORRIBLE! turkey was dry, and the rice and squash mix and an awful boring taste. My family couldnt eat half of it, thats how awful it was"