- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano and marjoram
- In a small saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wild rice and seasonings; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice Tomato Medley
"I did not like this recipe at all. I did have to substitute Hinode Black Rice for the wild rice because I went to two different grocery stores and neither had wild rice in stock. Maybe it would be better with the wild rice but I didn’t like the flavor combination of the herbs so I won’t be trying it again."