Wild Rice Stuffing Bake
If you prefer, you can stuff this mixture loosely into a bird to bake rather than in a separate dish.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the egg, soup, broth, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the celery mixture, bread cubes and rice.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 152 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Wild Rice Stuffing Bake in 1999 Taste of Home Annual Recipes