Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
Filled with a scrumptious, packaged rice mixture and seasoned with teriyaki sauce, these steaks are a favorite of Ardith Baker’s in Beaverton, Oregon. Just four ingredients are required for the delightful entree, so it comes together in a snap.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Originally published as Oriental Stuffed Steaks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006