Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
Filled with a scrumptious, packaged rice mixture and seasoned with teriyaki sauce, these steaks are a favorite of Ardith Baker’s in Beaverton, Oregon. Just four ingredients are required for the delightful entree, so it comes together in a snap.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks.