- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
"I thought this was okay but not great. It was hard to tell when the steak was done."