Filled with a scrumptious, packaged rice mixture and seasoned with teriyaki sauce, these steaks are a favorite of Ardith Baker’s in Beaverton, Oregon. Just four ingredients are required for the delightful entree, so it comes together in a snap.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p21
Reviews forWild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"I thought this was okay but not great. It was hard to tell when the steak was done."