Wild Rice Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until shrimp turn pink. Add the soup to the rice; stir into the shrimp mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 299 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1083mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Shrimp Bake
"This is the very first recipe I sent to my recipe box. Very easy to prepare and is elegant enough to serve company. Herb/Garlic croutons are especially good on this."