Since I spend part of my summers in northern Minnesota near the wild rice fields. I have tried many recipes featuring this delicious, nutty-flavored grain in the past 46 years. This salad is often requested by family and friends! —Florence Jacoby, Granite Falls, Minnesota
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- Seasoned salt, optional
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashews, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt or substituting seasoned salt if desired. Drain well; cool to room temperature. Spoon into a large bowl; add chicken, grapes, water chestnuts and mayonnaise. Toss gently with a fork. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, add cashews if desired. Serve on lettuce leaves or line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p29
Reviews forWild Rice Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2010
"I made this for a Women's Ministries meal and it was great. I used black grapes and it tasted very good. Very easy to make ahead and mix at the last minute."