Wild Rice Quiche
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon or fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley, optional
- 1. Bake crust at 425° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a skillet, saute Canadian bacon or ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and wild rice.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream and salt. Pour over all. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley if desired.
1 piece: 307 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Apr 29, 2016
Finally! An excellent quiche recipe. I left out the rice and added more
ham. Sooooo delicious.
Nov 1, 2015
We love wild rice ( we live in Minnesota) but I had always used it as a side or in a "hot dish". It is delicious! So simple and so good!
Jul 21, 2014
The best ever quiche! The favorite of all!
Dec 31, 1969
Bravo! Very tasty recipe. There's no such thing as leftovers with this dish.
Nov 12, 2010
While looking for a new recipe I saw this one again. I have been making it for years now. It is a favorite