Wild Rice Pilaf Mix
We exchange homemade gifts in our family—I give this tasty mix to relatives and friends. It goes well with a variety of entrees and it's a handy side dish to serve when guests drop in.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
Makes9 cups mix
- 3 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container. To make two servings, combine 1/3 cup mix and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until rice and barley are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 101 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Wild Rice Pilaf Mix in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.