Wild Rice Pepper Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour + chilling
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sep 26, 2012
This has become my go-to salad. It's easy, tastes terrific, and stays well. I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins and like that even better.
Jun 23, 2009
Very good and colorful recipe. I thought there was going to be too many peppers - not so. I was also leary of the raisins and you hardly notice they are in there. Next time I will experiment with the dressing. The Italian was a little harsh.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.