- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes on each side or until browned and a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to pan drippings; saute red pepper until tender. Stir in mushrooms; heat through. Add to rice. Serve four chicken breasts with half of the rice mixture.
- Place remaining chicken in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with remaining rice mixture. Cool. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews forWild Rice Mushroom Chicken
"Sounds great but I wonder if some of the fat can be cut back by using something else instead of the butter? Perhaps just a saute in EVOO instead?"