Wild Rice Dressing
This colorful dish makes an attractive addition to any buffet table. Everyone comments on the wonderful combination of bread, sausage, rice and fruit.—Shirley Werner, Twin Falls, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makes35 (3/4-cup) servings
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 10 cups cubed crustless day-old white bread
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and poultry seasoning in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to several large bowls. Add all the remaining ingredients. Place in two greased 6-qt. Dutch ovens. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until apples are tender ; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Wild Rice Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.