Wild Rice Crab Salad
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, crab, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Combine the salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 20, 2015
This was really easy and very good! I used imitation crab.
Aug 2, 2010
I would definitely make this recipe again. The only thing I'd change would be the crab, as my third son is deathly allergic to seafood. Other than that, it's a delicious salad and one my family absolutely loves.