Wild Rice Chicken Skillet
“This fast and easy chicken dish is so tasty and easy, my family just loves it,” says Deborah Webb of Kalispell, Montana. She adds, “The boxed rice adds so much flavor. It's great with a side salad to complete this meal in one.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Stir in corn and rice; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 341 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Easy Chicken and Wild Rice in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007