“This fast and easy chicken dish is so tasty and easy, my family just loves it,” says Deborah Webb of Kalispell, Montana. She adds, “The boxed rice adds so much flavor. It's great with a side salad to complete this meal in one.”
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Stir in corn and rice; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p45
Reviews forWild Rice Chicken Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2009
"very good could cook rice on the side to save a little money if you have the time."