"Juicy red grapes, crunchy cashews and water chestnuts and a touch of tarragon make this wild rice salad a big hit at our family reunion," reports Mary Ann Morgan of Powder Springs, Georgia. "I fix it often at home for potluck dinners."
Recommended: Healthy Main Dish Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, water chestnuts and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, salt, tarragon and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, fold in grapes and sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p48
Reviews forWild Rice Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2011
"I use couscous instead of the wild rice - this is great! I eat it for a meal at work! I have make this at least 2 dozen times and love it!"
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2011
"I put over only 1hour and it tastes goooood!"