- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion, almonds and parsley in butter for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and almonds are lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, milk, broth, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, rice and vegetables. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (mixture will be thin). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice Chicken Casserole
"It was really runny, I wonder if you could cut back on the liquid and how much. I enjoyed the taste, my 2 year old loved it! I would put more chicken in next time."