Wild Rice Apple Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Drain if necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, celery, brown sugar and lemon juice. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2019
I've been making this delicious salad ever since it was first published in 1990! Definitely a family favorite and something we all enjoy!
Apr 27, 2010
Love this salad. Had it at a brunch, had to have the recipe. But my friend had used sour cream in place of the yogurt. I like it,not crazy about yogurt. making this salad for the week-end..