Wild Rice and Turkey Salad
Ginny Schneider of Muenster, Texas serves this tasty main-dish salad for a colorful change of pace. "Spinach and wild rice provide the refreshing difference," she remarks. "Plus it's a great way to use leftover turkey."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add dressing just before serving; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Wild Rice and Turkey Salad in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998