- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forWild Rice and Mushroom Soup
"In the directions it says to add water,yet there is no amount listed."
"It’s the directions it says to add water,yet there is no amount listed."
"I made this for dinner tonight and it was awesome! Even my non mushroom loving husband had two bowls and asked me to make it again. Total Winner!"