VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups day-old bread cubes
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and carrot in oil until tender. Stir in the parsley, bouillon, garlic powder, marjoram, rosemary, sage, pepper and poultry seasoning. Add the broth; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and wild rice. Stir in broth mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice 'n' Bread Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p126