VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound wild asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a shallow dish; top with olives and egg.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard and cayenne pepper; shake well. Pour over asparagus. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p59