Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes
These whimsical treats are sure to bring smiles. They look and taste great—whoooo wouldn't love them? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops
- 1/4 cup chocolate frosting
- Assorted candies: candy corn, butterscotch or chocolate chips
- 48 ginger thin cookies
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting.
- On each cookie, attach Froot Loops with chocolate frosting for eyes. Cut off yellow end from candy corn. With chocolate frosting, attach candy corn for beaks and butterscotch chips for ears.
- Cut a slit in each cupcake and carefully insert cookie owls. For wings, press rye chips into white frosting.
Originally published as Owl Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.