Whole Wheat Waffles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes20 waffles (4-in. x 4-in.)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-3/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Stir in the milk, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flours, sugar substitute, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into milk mixture just until combined. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 132 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Mar 12, 2013
I loved this recipe. It called for all simple ingredients that I already had around the house and was super easy to make. The waffles had a sweet taste, and you can't beat the calories.
Dec 23, 2011
I've made this recipe several times - it's so healthy and light. Sometimes I use light vanilla yogurt instead of plain - gives it a wonderful flavour!
Jul 3, 2011
Very light and tasty. These freeze really well and are not mushy when you pop them in the toaster oven. I always make extras now and throw the rest in the freezer.