I created this recipe after tasting a similar bread. The pumpkin and pudding mix add moistness while the whole wheat flour adds nutrition. It’s a perfect quick bread for this time of year, for breakfast or any meal.
Recommended: 26 Recipes for Homemade Bread
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add oil and pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread in Country Extra November 2005, p51
Reviews forWhole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2015