- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forWhole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
"One of the best bread recipes I have tried, make it weekly great for toasting. I slice it thin using an electric knife. My Mom loves it."
"This is my go to bread now."
"This bread is SO delicious. But it did seem to rise too high, so I am going to have to try it with a little less yeast and see how it comes out. It didn't produce much bread with the way the top rose, bubbled and popped... it left a gaping hole in the top. But oh my goodness... we broke off the side pieces and ate them warm with butter and it was like dessert!"