Whole Wheat Cookies
These soft, old-fashioned cookies are quite flavorful. With the goodness of wheat germ, they make a wholesome snack.—Bertie Carter, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.