Whole Grain Pancake Mix
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes8 pancakes per batch
- 10 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 1-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place oats in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Stir into flour mixture. Divide mixture among five airtight containers. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 15 cups.
- To prepare pancakes: Pour 1 cup mix into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil; stir into pancake mix just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 193 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Dec 19, 2015
Tammy5350 it's a 1/2 cup of water and 2 Tbsp of Canola Oil and yes 1 Egg per 1 cup of flour mixture
Dec 11, 2014
Need to know how much water and oil to add. I assume one egg per batch.
Mar 10, 2013
We use this recipe all the time. It's great for planning ahead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.