For a microwave-fast entree that's sure to bring raves, Robert Bishop in Lexington, Kentucky says these rich roll-ups are a “shore thing.” Paprika adds lovely color.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cubed soft bread
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine green pepper and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the bread, cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper; spread with bread mixture. Carefully roll up. Place seam side down in a shallow microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 385 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Deviled Baked Fish in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.