- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored granules*
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt margarine. Stir in flour, butter-flavored granules and bouillon until blended. Gradually add water and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with pepper. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forWhite Sauce for Pasta
"Have saved this recipe ~~ it fits successfully with Type I diabetes. That's always a plus!"
"I did not like this sauce at all. It may be very healthy but does not have very good flavor."
"I used this condiment in place of a gravy over chicken. I added fresh sliced mushrooms (button).I'm very pleased with the way it turned out, and the flavor was right on!"