White Hot Chocolate
Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas says her creamy drink is smooth and soothing with a hint of spice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cream, white chips, cinnamon stick and nutmeg. Stir over low heat until chips are melted; discard cinnamon. Add remaining cream; stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; add extracts. Sprinkle each serving with ground cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 397 calories, 27g fat (18g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as White Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home December/January 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.