White Fright Cake
Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed white cake mix into a sinister delight. My husband is not a fan of chocolate, so this is a great treat for him. —Cynthia Ford, Powder Springs, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl; gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake.
Originally published as White Cake with Raspberry Sauce in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.