Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed white cake mix into a sinister delight. My husband is not a fan of chocolate, so this is a great treat for him. —Cynthia Ford, Powder Springs, Georgia
Featured In: 25 Fun Halloween Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl; gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as White Fright Cake in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p68