White Christmas Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until combined. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Reduce heat to low; stir in white chocolate. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Fold in the almonds, apricots, cherries and cranberries. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 each: 32 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for White Christmas Fudge
"Such a pretty candy. Everyone's getting this for Christmas this year"
"Unfortunately this recipe is so sweet you can't eat it. On the positive side, it is really pretty!"
"Okay I guess but nothing special. Looks pretty but way too sweet for our taste. I ended up tossing most of it out! I gave it three stars because of how pretty it would look with a few pieces on a serving tray of cookies!"
"it was different to have this Christmas, however, too sweet & I didn't get the "creaminess" that fudge should have... probably will not make this again..."
"This was my first time making fudge and the recipe was easy. Everyone loved the fudge and asked for the recipe. This is definitely a keeper"
"delicious, but I prefer milk or dark chocolate"
"easy to make and quite tasty. Will make again."
"This sounds amzingly good! I'll make this for Christmas. And it makes a lovely gift too indeed. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe! :-)"
"I made this the other day, it went down great, I did chop the fruit up fine, along with the nuts found it easier for cutting will make again"