VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 cups whole medium fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Additional strawberries, halved
- Set aside 2 tablespoons wafer crumbs. Combine almonds, butter and remaining crumbs; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon 5 tablespoons of melted white chocolate over crust; sprinkle with reserved wafer crumbs. Arrange whole strawberries, tips up, over crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, juice concentrate and vanilla. Beat in remaining white chocolate. In another mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Stir 2 cups into the creamed cheese mixture; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread between and over strawberries. Cover ad chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to loosen. Remove sides. Arrange four 1-1/2-in.-wide strips of waxed paper over top; sprinkle cocoa between strips. Remove waxed paper. Place halved strawberries between cocoa rows. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Strawberry Torte in Country Woman May/June 2002, p28