White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate.
- Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients; spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen cheesecake; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Transfer topping to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 509 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2014
I thought this cake lacked a distinct flavor. I know that pumpkin is a subtle flavor but I expected to have it more defined. I liked the almond topping. It was tasty and added a nice touch.
Nov 23, 2013
Can this be made in a 9 by 13 pan instead?
Dec 3, 2012
This cheesecake was super yummy! I chilled it in the fridge overnight before freezing, to ensure the crust didn't go soggy when I thawed it. Also I didn't use gingersnaps cuz didn't have any, did a graham cracker crust instead and it was fine. The taste was so yummy - the pumpkin flavour wasn't too strong and you could really taste the spices.
Nov 20, 2012
I make this cheesecake at least 2 to 3 times a year!! My family loves it!!!!
Nov 18, 2012
We made two alterations to this recipe. First, we don't like gingersnaps, so we replaced the gingersnap cookies with crushed Newton's Fruit Thins in the Cranberry Citrus Oats flavor. (They are this new crispy cookie from the Fruit Newtons company and they are SO good in this recipe!!) Then, we wanted a touch of color in the topping, so we added a little bit of strawberry jam, (we used Smuckers), it made the topping look pretty and it added just a bit of flavor. Sounds like it would clash with the pumpkin, but it was amazingly good. With these changed, this was HANDS DOWN the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever had. Better than than, it was one of the best CHHESECAKES I have ever had!!!
Nov 18, 2012
We made two alterations to this recipe. First, we don't like gingersnaps, so we replaced the gingersnap cookies with crushed Newton's Fruit Thins in the Cranberry Citrus Oats flavor. (They are this new crispy cookie from the Fruit Newtons company and they are SO good in this recipe!!) Then, we wanted a touch of color in the topping, so we added a little bit of strawberry jam, (we used Smuckers), it made the topping look pretty and it added just a bit of flavor. Sounds like it would clash with the pumpkin, but it was amazingly good.
Nov 2, 2012
I want to try this but can I halve this recipe to make a smaller cheesecake? I love pumpkin cheesecake but I don't want a ton of leftovers I will be tempted to eat!
Nov 7, 2011
I took this to the school that I work at and they loved it!!! It was easy to make and you could vary the crust and topping howwever you wanted to. Probably my best cheesecake ever!!
Oct 10, 2011
Creamy, didn't crack, crust was delicious, almond topping made it divine :)
Dec 24, 2010
This cheesecake is marvelous. We have made it for several years and it always gets rave reviews wherever we serve it. We are making it again for Christmas tomorrow.