- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Whole fresh strawberries, optional
- Chop four squares of white chocolate and melt the other four; set both aside. In a bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour a third of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle semisweet and white chocolate over cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Pound Cake
"I have baked this cake several times, and always liked this and got lots of praise on it."
"I have made this in the past. It is truly wonderful. I use reduced-fat sour cream and splenda substitute for half the sugar. There is no difference in the taste or texture."
" This sounds like a great Valentines Day dessert. Yum. "