White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Bits of pretty mint candies dot every slice of this velvety cheesecake. You'll turn to this classic dessert time and again.—Grenville Samson, Oswego, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 75 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chips and 3/4 cup crushed candies. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining candies.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° until center is just set and top appears dull, about 1-1/4 hours. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 430 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.