White Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 15 min.
Makes3-1/4 pounds (about 9-1/2 dozen)
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter chips until melted. Add the marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip the squares into the coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening if desired; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 90 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2011
Dipping the fudge in white almond bark is a pain. Next time I will just drizzle with almond bark and add more chopped nuts. Very Delicious Fudge!
Dec 3, 2010
The recipe is very similar to the one I have used for 50 years. with one exception. I use Mimi-marshmellows have for 30 years. just use the same amount as creme used pack down the marshmellows. just mix in same as the creme. cost is 1/4 th cost and my family like it better it's creamier. thanks KCI use carmel not chocolate drissel or just put a peanut on top
Dec 16, 2009
Excellent fugde, easy to make but too much time and trouble to try and coat with the white chocolate.....I'll forget about dipping it next time around, will just drizzle with the milk chocolate
Dec 16, 2009
Excellent fugde, easy to make but too much time and trouble to try and coat with the white chocolate.....I'll forget about dipping it next time around, will just drizzle with the milk chococate