VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- ESPRESSO SYRUP:
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and milk. Sprinkle with gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Stir in chocolate until melted.
- Pour into eight 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine espresso and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is thickened to a syrup consistency and reduced to about 1/4 cup. Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates; drizzle each serving with 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Espresso Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p134