- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and extracts; mix well. Stir in the melted chocolate. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oats and the coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
"delicous!! Yes, they come out flat, but the taste is great! Ate two of them standing over the oven. I didn't have coconut extract, so I subbed some almond extract, and it tasted fine."
"These tasted great but are really flat. I almost didn't take them to the event I made them for but decided to anyway. They were a hit."
"A-M-A-Z-I-N-G recipe!!! My friends literaly fought for the crumbs. Will definitely do it again and this time, double it ! :) I do understand your sons and grandsons now !"
"Very, very good. Moist, yet crunchy on the outside like I like it. My 3 young kids and my husband loved them. We ate almost a half batch in one night."
"My family doesn't like coconut, so I left out the coconut and coconut extract. They are delicious!"