White Chocolate Nut Crackles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway in water, then in sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 125 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 17, 2013
This is definitely a 5 star recipe. Excellent! I used 1 cup macadamia nuts instead of the 1/2 cup called for. Friends and family could not get enough. Would highly recommend. :)
Apr 27, 2010
White chocolate nut crackles turn out so well, my family simply loves them. We make them whenever we have all the ingredients and usually freeze some, as we end up with a LOT of cookies. They're so good though, and so easy to make, they're a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.