- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway in water, then in sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Nut Crackles
"This is definitely a 5 star recipe. Excellent! I used 1 cup macadamia nuts instead of the 1/2 cup called for. Friends and family could not get enough. Would highly recommend. :)"