White Chocolate Macaroons
These macaroons have got a great homemade feel to them. The chocolate and coconut combination make them a very rich treat that everyone seems to love.—Joyln Trickel, Helendale, California
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min./batch + chilling
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add vanilla; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in 4 cups coconut and nuts, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 275° for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon white chocolate on each cookie; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.