- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, chocolate and 2 tablespoons sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set. Remove from water bath. Cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining sugar over tops. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Creme Brulee
"I made this as a test for a larger group. It was excellent! My ramekins are only 4 oz. so this made 3 servings. I then quadrupled it and it made 9 ramekins. However, I had 3 similar but different size ramekins and it still worked It was a hit with our guests. I do have the torch, so that helped. I put a small amount of readi-whip just on one side over the crust. Great!"