- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons cranberry juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cranberry juice until smooth. Drizzle over muffins. Yield: 15 muffins.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
"These are the best muffins I have ever had or ever made! I have already made this recipe several times. I only changed it by making half again as much, and added one cup of macadamia nuts. I also added 1 and a half teaspoons of cinnamon. So excellent."