White Chocolate Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the buttermilk, orange juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Stir in melted chips. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 238 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cranberry Bread
"i read the previous review that mentioned the overbrowning problem, therefore watched very carefully to try and avoid it happening - but still by the time the center tested done the rest of the loaf was hard as a brick. The flavor inside was nice, but i will probably stick with some other quick bread recipes i have that are foolproof."