- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, optional
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter; stir in the brown sugar. Cool slightly.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 18-21 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and, if desired, orange zest until smooth. Gradually beat in half of the melted white chocolate; spread over blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries; drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
- Cut into triangles. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
"Made these for a coworkers birthday. They were so yummy and pretty too. They were a hit and very addictive. Great blonde recipe on it’s own as well. Will definitely make again!Didn’t use the orange peel since I didn’t have it, also used salted butter and didn’t add other salt."
"These bars are fantastic! They are very sweet, but the cranberries offer a nice, tart bite just when you need it! I did think they had more of a shortbread cookie texture, rather than blondie though."
"These are soooo good. Made them for a Christmas gift for a neighbor. Received a call asking for the recipe!"
"The tartness of the cranberries is a nice contrast to the very sweet chips and frosting"
"These were very good!"
"Best Blondie recipe I have ever tried! I left off the icing one time for less calories and it still tasted just as great. Very moist and full flavor."
"I added some orange flavoring. 1 1/2 teaspoons of Watkins pure orange extract and a bit more in the icing. Super good. They were gobbled up before anything else and people were swooning over them!"
"Usee real cranberries and white chocolate chip. Wow. Amazing"
"Absolutely delicious! Only change was to omit the orange peel. Will definitely make again!"
"We could not stop eating these! I followed the recipe exactly, no changes needed. They are very rich, so I did cut them a little smaller and got more than 30 servings. Will definitely be making these again and again."