White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening. Gradually add sugars beating until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Blend in vanilla. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour. Drop by heaping tablespoonsful about 3 in. apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
2 each: 376 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Cookies
"Although the taste of these cookies was good, they were not pretty. Even after refrigerating overnight they still spread out too far and burnt around the edges. I used parchment paper, they came off nicely, just wasn't what I was looking for."
"I have never baked or cooked a recipe from Taste of Home that I did not like.......but this one takes the cake for horrible!!!!! The cookies are flatter than a pancake!!!!!! I did everything as said, and still horrible!!!!"
"Awful! The cookies spread all over the pan and wouldn't bake normally - they were burnt on the outside and raw in the centres. I'll never make these again."
"These cookies were good. I baked them for about 10 minutes. I think I will keep looking for a better recipe."
"my family really liked these cookes. easy to make & tastes yummy"