This cake is special to me because I took a recipe I had been making for years and added my own touches. I incorporated fresh peaches and macadamia nuts to the batter. I also switched from dark to white chocolate. My family gave the results a thumb's up. —Darl Collins, Marklevile, Indiana
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped, toasted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped, toasted
- Line three 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Sift flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pat peaches dry with paper towels. Fold peaches, chocolate and macadamia nuts into batter. Divide among prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt chocolate with cream; cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat butter and extract until fluffy; add cooled chocolate mixture. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut and macadamia nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate-Coconut Layer Cake in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p257
Reviews forWhite Chocolate-Coconut Layer Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2017
"Absolutely delicious and very elegant. Thank you!"